Tuesday, April 21, 2009

switching over to AS3.0

So yea - Not that I'm a big ActionScript coder (actually...not one at all) - I had been used to using the simple functions of AS2.0 - But a few weeks ago, I finally made the switch. Not because I wanted to do, but mainly because I wanted to use a map API that required the use of actionscript 3.0.

Surprisingly, the switch was pretty painless and only took a little bit to figure out its work-flow. Maybe I do have an advantage since I am a computer science major and the structure and work flow of as3 is something I'm much more used to.

Although AS3.0 will most likely look more intimidating to new coders because its a much more verbose and full language which separates the programming side with the flash IDE side, it really is much more flexible and easier to debug.

If you guys are thinkign about switching over, I say do so. Although it'll require a learning curve, there are many tutorials out there on switching over.

Actionscript.org is a great resources for any AS related questions and topics - heres a good as3 tutorial:
Getting started with AS3
and there are many more if you need some resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment